NGA's Upcoming Events Calendar for 2018
Check back often for updates!
all links (underlined text) are to the official website of the event
Ongoing Every Year:
We NEED reliable volunteers to do regular Saturday & Sunday Meet-n-Greets!
Locations to be advised.
The volunteer is the face of N.G.A.--steering away from controversial topics and focusing on retired racers as pets.
They will be greeting people inside the door at the host stores, and will be there to;
- collect donations for NGA
- hand out NGA brochures
- talk-up the joys of Greyhounds
- mention the fact that NGA encourages you and your new family member to choose one another--not just pick out a pretty one from the website ...
- and that potential adopters should visit with an open mind about age, size, gender and color--those considerations don't matter in the least when it comes to which waiting-for-a-forever-home retired-racer is best for you!
- and that YES, the dogs do truly know who their people are! It's a heart-warming this to see--sometimes people come in looking for a young, small, fawn female, and walk out delighted with a middle-aged, large, brindle male!
- and that NGA feels strongly that you should bring your children and/or current family dogs to meet the new addition before bringing them home.
- and that most importantly; NGA will help you overcome those humps that often come with a new pet! Adopters can call us and be given the advice that works best with 'hounds, and we will send the adopter home with solid knowledge, too.
- NGA wants HAPPY, SUCCESSFUL, FOREVER ADOPTIONS!
If you know of a store that would gladly host NGA as door greeters please let us know or offer to be there! (PDF form brochures are here--and in the lower-middle of the homepage--to be down-loaded & printed)
PLEASE BE ADVISED, THOUGH, THAT VISITS TO THE KENNEL ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY! DROP-INS WILL NOT BE SEEN OR TOLERATED!
If you would like to help or Volunteer at any of these events
please call or e-mail us - thank you!